Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hope Springs Eternal


I bet most of the Daily Photo bloggers in France are blogging about the "Fête de la Musique" today, so I'm not going to post my dusky shots of this yearly music festival.

Instead, let's have a word about something that inspires me much less: soccer. Today's headline in the local paper, Centre Presse, was:

"Pourquoi l'équipe française est désespérante."

Roughly translated: "Why the French team is driving us to despair."

This Rodez resident, at least, is keeping the faith. And we'll know tomorrow evening if the French team will survive the first round of the World Cup.

POSTSCRIPT JUNE 24th: The French team surprised their morose fans by making it into the second round, where they will play against Spain next Tuesday.

How far do you think the French team will go?

2 comments:

Pardon My French said...

Yeah, not many people are truly optimistic, except me. When I have conversations about the match, I'm the only one saying, "There's always hope," but perhaps it's due more to my ignorance than to optimism. We'll see!

Pardon My French said...

Well, huh. It does pay to think positive!