Friday, April 06, 2007

A Word About Stats and statcounter.com

I just noticed that my Statcounter set-up is showing stats at the bottom of the page, which reminds me that some time back, La France Profonde racked up its 15,000th visit!

I had promised myself I would watch for the event, but the fact is I don't go to statcounter very often, so I missed it by about 400!

Enquiring minds may want to know why the Statcounter at the bottom of this blog says only "2,767" as I write. Well, when I moved over to "new Blogger" I forgot to take Statcounter with me. The quickest solution I found to the problem was recreating a "project" -- so I'll always need to add 13,000 odd visits from my "old Blogger blog" to what I see below...I guess...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Betty!

You can set your StatCounter to any number you want so you don't have to 'lose' your old count!

Log into your account, click the wrence icon beside your project and click 'configure counter'.

Hope this helps!

Jenni
StatCounter Team

R said...

If you use GoStats you can set your counter to the correct value, also, you can have a weekly email of your stats sent to you. (so you can keep track of milestones). Not too mention, your not limited to 100 pageviews.

Betty Carlson said...

Thanks for the advice. I may move over...

Betty Carlson said...

On the other hand, I'm amazed by the quick response from the Statcounter team. But I didn't know there was a 100 pageview limit...???

Tinsie said...

Congrats on reaching (and exceeding) 15000! I don't use a stat counter on my blog, but I'm sure I'm nowhere near that.

Betty Carlson said...

What's the most interesting is to see where your readers come from -- you can pick up some interesting new blog addresses and also look at maps of your readers, among a bunch of other functions that I never take the time to use!