Friday, July 11, 2008

My village seen through other -- known -- eyes


(Photo courtesy of Rares Serban of Rares Serban Photography)

Not many bloggers write about Aveyron, and certainly few, if any, have ever posted about my very own village of residence, Gages.

Personally, I avoid communicating about my home town, preferring to focus on Rodez, where I work, or other parts of the local countryside into which my husband forays for his job.

And, increasingly, I find myself wanting to share places beyond...

So imagine my surprise when a Google alert came along for a lovely post about Gages. And imagine my further surprise when I discovered, after a little digging around, that it was created by a colleague of mine!

Here's to you, Rares. I think you have a great eye and I loved the way you captured familiar views of my village. I hope you expand your blogging activity.

PS: Click here for a rundown on the summer status of my three blogs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really looks so beautiful there! As a Norwegian, I love nature and rural surroundings and this peaceful landscape is breath taking - thanks for sharing!

Rebecca Ramsey said...

What a gorgeous picture. So serene.
Becky

Margaret said...

It looks very pastoral and quiet. I don't know that I've visited that part of France, although I did go to school in Nice for a summer.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour
c'est exactement ce genre de paysages somptueux, naturels et préservés qui nous a donné envie à mon amie et moi d'ouvrir 1 gîte dans ce départment magnifique qu'est l'Aveyron!
Ce qui n'est qu'un projet pour l'instant prendra forme, je l'espère, dans moins de 2 ans.
Merci encore pour ce blog plein de jolies photos.
Aurélien