Thursday, January 08, 2015

New Year's Day Wanderings: The Sequel


Le Moulin de Marquès now...


...and then

As long as I keep driving down side roads and truly looking at what has been surrounding me for nearly 20 years, I don't think I will ever run out of blog material.

I am still reporting on my New Year's Day outing, which brought me frustratingly close to the château de Bertholène, and allowed me to gander at the village's church and sneak around its abandoned presbytery.

But all that hadn't taken me very far, so I moved on down the road to a smaller village that was printed somewhere on my brain's memory card: Anglars.

On the way, I ran into this beautiful mill, which I genuinely had no memory of ever seeing, although it is little over 5 miles from my house.

It has a splendid setting, and houses, rather surprisingly, a real estate agency -- although I read on the door that the business, which has several branches in the area, will soon be moving out of its stunning but hard-to-find location.

I couldn't find anything about the history of the mill on the Internet, but I did run into this old postcard that was apparently sold in 2012 for 5 euros

Stumbling upon this unfamiliar site was the highlight of my New Year's Day exploration.


4 comments:

Sue Brady Ardington said...

Lovely....so very, lovely.

tut-tut said...

Interesting how much land now surrounds the mill. And that tree!

Perpetua said...

What a stunning building in an equally stunning location. There's something about loving close to water...

Betty Carlson said...

Thank you all for your comments. There are more explorations to come, I am sure of it! In fact, there are some in stock....